A-14: Treasurer and Recorder of the Board
Adoption Date: 07/20/92 | Revision Date: 02/16/98 | Revision Date: 08/26/08
The Board of Trustees shall appoint a Treasurer and a Recorder, per statute, who shall serve at the pleasure of the Board.
The Treasurer of the Board shall:
- Accept and deposit with such depositories as may be authorized by the Board all monies due the College and make such payments from said funds as are authorized by the Board;
- Keep in proper form such records as may be required by the Board;
- Invest idle funds not currently required in the manner prescribed by an "act relating to certain investments of public funds by public agencies," except that investments in commercial paper may be made only up to a maximum of ninety (90) days and only in those issues that receive top ratings by the bond rating organizations; and
- Perform such duties as may be required by the Illinois Public Community College Act (805/3-18).
The Recorder of the Board shall:
- Prepare and maintain the official minutes of all of the meetings of the Board of Trustees;
- Keep such minutes and other Board records on file as the permanent records of the College district; and,
- Give public notice of the annual schedule of meetings and any newly-scheduled, rescheduled, and cancelled meetings.