G-29: Employee Official Personnel Files
Adoption Date: 09/17/90 | Revision Date: 01/21/03 | Revision Date: 08/26/08
Prairie State College shall maintain an official personnel file for each employee in accordance with the following restrictions:
- Such files shall be for internal use as the property of the College.
- Such files shall be housed in the Human Resources & Employee Relations Office and maintained and secured by the Executive Director of Human Resources & Employee Relations.
- Such files shall contain employee data from the time of initial hiring, records, communications, and other data pertaining to the status of employment during the employee's tenure at the College and, upon termination of employment, the reason for said termination.
- Upon written request, an employee shall be permitted to review his/her official personnel file within the limitations imposed by law (e.g., letters of reference, external peer reviews, security records, etc.).
- Items may be permanently removed from said file only after being reviewed by the Executive Director of Human Resources & Employee Relations and authorized by supervising executive officer and the College President.
- An employee shall be permitted to file a rejoinder to any information contained within his/her personal official personnel file if he/she so desires.