G-5: Employee Workers' Compensation Benefits
Adoption Date: 09/17/90 | Revision Date: 02/16/98 | Revision Date: 08/26/08
Prairie State College shall provide workers' compensation insurance to all employees of the College as required by the Illinois Workers' Compensation Act (Illinois Revised Statutes, Chapter 48, Section 138.1).
- All employees are covered under workers' compensation insurance for accidents occurring on the job.
- Except in emergency cases, employees are required to immediately report work-related accidents to their supervisor or the Office of Human Resources & Employee Relations prior to seeking medical attention. Sick leave benefits are coordinated with workers' compensation benefits during short-term periods of absence.
- Employees or family members must complete a "Workers' Compensation Accident Report" form available in the Office of Human Resources & Employee Relations within seven (7) work days of the accident.
- Employees have two options from which to choose when lost time is incurred due to
a workers' compensation claim:
- Receive workers' compensation pay from the insurance company without loss of sick leave time; or
- Continue to receive regular pay in lieu of workers' compensation and charge the difference between workers' compensation pay and regular pay to sick leave.