G-33: Support Staff Work Week (Overtime and Compensatory Time)
Adoption Date:04/20/92 | Revision Date: 01/21/03 | Revision Date: 08/26/08
The regular work week for full-time support staff employees shall consist of forty (40) hours exclusive of lunch periods (1/2 [one-half] hour in duration) and inclusive of two (2) fifteen (15) minute rest periods. Lunch and rest periods shall be scheduled and approved by the appropriate administrator/supervisor.
Confidential Support Staff
Overtime/compensatory time for confidential employees shall be provided, upon appropriate administrative supervisor approval, as follows:
- Work in excess of the regular work week (forty  hours) or on Saturdays, if not regularly scheduled, will be compensated at one and one-half (1-1/2) times the regular rate of pay. Work on Sundays and during regularly scheduled closure days will be compensated at double the regular rate; holidays will be compensated at triple the regular rate.
- An employee requested to work on a holiday in his/her regular position shall be compensated for no less than four (4) hours.
- Hours worked in excess of the standard forty (40) hour work week in a second position will be compensated at one and one-half (1-1/2) times the rate for the second position as determined by the Executive Director of Human Resources & Employee Relations.
- A minimum of three (3) hours of overtime compensation (one and one-half [1-1/2] times regular pay rate) will be allowed for emergency work.
- An employee may request compensatory time in lieu of overtime for each hour worked to a maximum of sixteen (16) base hours per semester to be used during the semester it was earned or within thirty (30) days following the end of the semester.
- The appropriate administrative supervisor shall authorize and report overtime/compensatory time to the Payroll Office.
Overtime/compensatory time for contractual support staff shall be provided in accordance with the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.