Information technology plays a critical role in the work of all major industries as well as being a distinct industry on its own. From entry-level technicians to computer scientists to chief information officers, there are limitless career possibilities.
The Prairie State College Information Technology faculty are recognized experts in their field, with advanced teaching credentials and professional experience. They are dedicated instructors who are willing to work individually with students to help them succeed.
Degrees and Certificates
View the curriculum for these programs in the current Academic Catalog. You can also access the entire PDF of the catalog (1.63 MB). Since the printing of this catalog, there have been some additions and deletions. View the addendum for more information.
Please visit the Career and Transfer Programs Web page, where you will find advising guides with the most recent PSC catalog updates. The advising guides describe the requirements needed to complete a degree or certificate.
A world of opportunity awaits you in the exciting and rapidly changing field of Information Technology. Prairie State College's IT program prepares students for a professional career in today's world.
IT and computer related jobs are some of fastest growing and well paid positions. For more information, check out the following:
Prairie State College has an Academic Alliance agreement with Microsoft to offer PSC Information Technology students free Microsoft software. If interested, please email Professor Dennis (firstname.lastname@example.org). The website is: Microsoft DreamSpark Software . The Microsoft products include Visio, Windows (7 or 8), .Net software, Access, etc. Microsoft products NOT included are MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If interested, here is how it works:
- Email Professor Dennis your request for the free Academic Alliance software.
- Professor Dennis emails acknowledgement that your request has been submitted to Microsoft.
- You receive registration instructions from Microsoft via e-mail with your login and password.
- Log into the Microsoft DreamSpark website and browse through the available Microsoft software.
- Select the software you wish to order.
- Instructions are included for downloading the software.
- When you receive an e-mail from Microsoft with the software product key, be careful not to delete it. This is very important when it comes to installing the software.
- If you lose your username/password, you will need to request this information be resent to you.
Professor Jackie Dennis, Computer Information Technology, Coordinator, ITAPP, ITOFS, ITNET, ITPRG, ITWEB
- B.S. Southern Illinois University
- M.A. Roosevelt University
- Office: Room 2184
- (708) 709-3649