LC Faculty Development Resources
- Faculty Resources for Themed Learning Communities (Northern Illinois University):
- First-Year Resources (National Resource Center):
- Learning Communities at SVC (Skagit Valley College):
- LC Resource Center (Kingsborough Community College):
- "Underprepared, Ethnically Diverse Community College Students: Factors Contributing to Persistence," Peter Barbatis:
- "Learning Better Together: The Impact of Learning Communities on the Persistence of Low-Income Students," Carol Hough Engstrom and Vincent Tinto:
- "Juggling and the Art of the Integrative Assignment," Lynn Dunlap and Larry Sult (Skagit Valley College):
- "The Impact of Learning Communities and Freshman Seminar on Retention Rate and and Academic Performance of First-Time Freshman," Office of Institutional Research at California State University, Sacramento:
- "When the Students We Have Are Not the Students We Want: The Transformative Power of Learning Communities," Nancy Shapiro (University System of Maryland):
- Learning Community Research and Assessment: What We Know, Kathy Taylor, William S. Moore, Jean MacGregor, and Jerri Lindblad (with Preface by Vincent Tinto):
- Daniel B. Friedman and Julie S. Alexander (Appalachian State University)
- "Investigating a First-Year Seminar as an Anchor Course in Learning Communities,"
- Anne Goodsell Love.
- "The Growth and Current State of Learning Communities in Higher Education,"
- National Learning Communities Project
- Consortium for Illinois Learning Communities
Learning Community Programs
- Metropolitan Community Colleges Learning Communities (Kansas City)
- Learning Communities at LaGuardia Community College (New York)
- Harper Community College Learning Communities (Illinois)
- Skagit Valley College Learning Communities (Washington)