Setup and Login Instructions for the First Time User
Praire State College provides the following online services for students:
Each service requires a username and password. The username is always the same for each service. You will be advised of your username under WebAdvisor Setup.
The initial password for WebAdvisor and Desire2Learn is your birthday in the following format: mmddyy.
Example: If your birthday is October 23, 1984, your initial password is 102384
The initial password for your student email account is your birthday in the following format: mmddyyyy.
Example: If your birthday is October 23, 1984, your initial password is 10231984
Follow the directions for each service, and make note of your username and password.
When you click on this Student Email link, it will open in a separate window.
- You must know one of these two items before you can proceed:
- Student ID Number
- Social Security Number
- When you click on this WebAdvisor link it will open a form in a separate window. You can refer back to these instructions if needed.
- Fill out the form using your Last Name and either Student ID Number OR Social Security Number.
- Once you submit the form, you will be provided with your username, and prompted to change your password. Follow the rules for choosing a password and submit the information.
- Write down your username and password. You will need them for future log ins to WebAdvisor.
Reminder: As mentioned above your username will not change. It will be the same for WebAdvisor, Student Email, and Desire2Learn. Changing your password for WebAdvisor does not change it for Student Email or Desire2Learn.
Contact the PSC Information Technology Help Desk.