Cooperative Agreement Information

For Residents of Prairie State College, District 515

The College has arranged Cooperative Agreements with neighboring community colleges to provide opportunities for students to enroll in programs not offered at PSC at the in-district tuition rate. Only approved programs are included in the cooperative agreements; individual courses are not eligible.

All cooperative agreement applications must be submitted at least 30 days before the beginning of the semester. No cooperative agreements will be approved retroactively. The in-district rate of tuition shall apply only to coursework for the currently approved program of study between the cooperative colleges.

Residents of Prairie State College District #515 wishing to secure a Cooperative Agreement to attend a program at another college must complete the following steps before the Cooperative Application form will be issued by Prairie State College.

  1. Complete the Prairie State College Admissions Application and submit it to the Admissions & Enrollment Services Office in Room 1160.
  2. Submit an official copy of high school transcripts (or GED diploma) to the Admissions Office at Prairie State College. If applicable, submit official transcripts from all other colleges or universities attended.
  3. Complete the COMPASS testing process at Prairie State College. Contact the Counseling & Academic Advising Center for information on COMPASS testing or call (708) 709-3506. COMPASS test dates.
  4. If the COMPASS test indicates the need for developmental coursework, the appropriate coursework must be completed at Prairie State College before any cooperative agreement will be issued (courses such as ENG 097 to 099, MATH 080 to 095, and RDG 097 to 098).
  5. Complete all Prerequisite Courses with grades of "C" or better at Prairie State College.
  6. Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 at Prairie State College.

After #1-#6 (listed above) have been satisfactorily completed, a Cooperative Application form will be issued. Complete the form indicating the specific program requested for consideration. Return the form to the Counseling & Academic Advising Center. Two forms of identification will be required as proof of residency. Only students in good academic and financial standing will receive approval. Completed forms will be returned by mail to your home address.