Constitution for Auto Club (pdf)
This constitution establishes the Prairie State College Auto Club as a student organization at Prairie State College subject to approval by the Student Government Association. the purposes of this club are:
- to promote auto engineering and technology skills
- help repair cars for both members of students and non-students, and to educate about car maintenance
- to explore new technologies
- participate in car shows/seminars
- attend and participate in car races.
Article I - Name of the Club
The name of this student organization shall be the PSC Auto Club
Article II - Membership Requirements
The membership of this organization shall consist of the following:
- All students enrolled at PSC regardless of major
- The types of memberships are:
• General members
• Executive members (officers)
- The types of memberships are:
- The GPA requirement for this club is a 2.0 or higher for the cumulative and term.
- Membership in this organization will not deny any person(s) on the grounds of race, creed, religion, sex, or national origin.
Article III - Membership Structure
- Project manager
Assistant project manager
Assistant workshop manager
Article IV - Power and Function of Executive Board
Section A: The powers and duties of the Executive Board are:
- The president shall organize and direct the goals of the club, establishes meetings, chooses meeting topics.
- The vice president shall make sure the goals of the Club are achieved, stand in for the president when he/she is absent and coordinate other offices and activities of the Club.
- The secretary shall take the minutes of the meeting, organize the paperwork of the Club and keep track of member information.
- The Treasurer shall keep track of the Club’s funding.Section B: The duties of the managers:
- Project manager shall plan and execute projects.
- Assistant project manager shall assist project manager to carry out projects.
- Workshop manager shall deal with the customers and car maintenance/work orders.
- Assistant workshop manager shall help the workshop manager deal with the customers and car maintenance/work orders. He/she shall also make sure that the work place areas are clean.
Article V. Voting and Elections
All members in the club shall be allowed to vote.
Section A: General voting quorum of members necessary to obtain quorum which is 2/3 of members in the meeting section.
Section B: State the majority necessary of the quorum to vote on financial issues - simple majority of members in the club.
- To pass a vote, a simple majority is needed.
- Only the executive board members are able to vote on financial issues.
Section C: Elections are held every spring term, no later than one week after SGA elections.
Section A: Simple majority of the members need to be resent to hold an election.
- Elections are held every spring term, no later than one week after SGA elections.
Section B: all officers shall hold their positions until re-election.
Section C: Each term of all positions will be one year.
- Members may be re-elected into the same or different officer position, if eligible.
Article IV. Vacancies
Section A: A vacancy is created when:
- A member submits a letter of resignation.
- A member is voted out.
- A member’s grades drop below the required GAP (2.0).
- A member student is no longer enrolled.
In the event the president is no longer in the Club, the vice president shall be president
An election shall be held for the position for the vice president or each officers shall be moved up and an election shall be held for the vacant position.
Article VII. Impeachment
If said officer is not performing their duties and/or causing difficulties.
- In the event that an officer is not performing his duties, the said officer will be notified twice and will sign a letter of warning before impeachment.
- The executive board will vote on impeachment
Article VIII. Amendment and additions
This Constitution may be amended by simple majority vote of the membership. Amendments should be presented to the executive board for approval before they may be submitted to the organization for vote. This Constitution is subject to be amended.
This Constitution shall be effective on September 29, 2009. All previous constitutions of this organization shall become null and void as of this date.
Christopher O. Ebhotemen