Privacy Statement for the Website
Prairie State College (PSC) is committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. That priority extends to the College’s online operations and services. The information you provide will be kept confidential. PSC is committed to complying with all applicable federal and state laws, including the following acts:
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). For students 18 years or older, FERPA forbids the College to release any information (for example, registration, records, payment, grade, classroom performance, attendance) to anyone other than the student unless the student has signed a “Release of Confidentiality Form” or the parent provides IRS proof of the student as a dependent.
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), which safeguards the integrity and confidentiality of health information that is stored or transmitted electronically.
- The Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
Use of Personal Information
Personal information is collected to assist in your enrollment at the College, to provide better customer service, to use in data collection, to reply to inquiries, and to meet Federal and State reporting requirements.
Please note the College may contact you via non-secure email. Please do not send your Social Security number or other information that you would not want someone else to know.
Management of Your Personal Information
- Email received is distributed to the appropriate person.
- Information is put into our administrative software.
- PSC does not sell or distribute your personal information to advertisers.
PSC welcomes any comments you may have on our website or on this statement. Please send email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Prairie State College
202 S. Halsted St.
Chicago Heights, IL 60411-8226
The website is informational in nature. The college makes every effort to ensure accuracy of information and believes the information in these pages is accurate as of publication. No contractual rights, either expressed or implied, are created by its contents and it in no way obligates PSC to perform any service.
Some of PSC’s web pages contain links to web pages not affiliated with Prairie State College. Providing these links does not imply that PSC endorses or approves of the content of those web pages.