Welcome to the Mathematics Department
Back row, left to right: Professors Sue Ecsi, Kate Sims-Drew, Steve Kifowit, Brian Garant
Front row, left to right: Professors James Beard, Terra Stamps, Melanie Eddins-Spencer, Kevin Marks
- Did you know that you can save hundreds if you pay your mortgage at the beginning of the month instead of at the end of the month?
- Have you ever wondered why dams are built thicker at the bottom than at the top?
- Did you know that .50¢ is only half of a penny?
- Did you know that calculus can explain why you can get a speeding ticket if you speed between toll plazas on a toll road?
- How can a political poll of only 1,000 people be representative of an entire nation?
We can help answer these questions and many more!