Application for the Prairie State College Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program consists of the regular PSC Student Application, a $10 application fee, a completed "Nursing Program Intent Form", your high school transcripts, any college transcripts and the COMPASS test administered through the College's Counseling & Academic Advising Center.
Within 30 days of the reciept of the PSC Application, Nursing Program Intent Form, Assessment Scores and transcripts, a preliminary appraisal form will be mailed to each applicant indicating the completed prerequisite on file, to date, in the Admissions Office.
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements by February 1 in order to be considered for Fall semester program admission.
All program applicants are required to to take the College's COMPASS test. If the results of this examination indicate a need for developmental courses, these must be completed with "C" grades prior to February 1.
All academic transcripts must be submitted to PSC by February 1.
- English: Successful completion of ENG 099 or an assessment test placement score of ENG 101 or higher
- Mathematics: Successful completion of PSC's MATH 090 or any assessment test placement score of MATH 095 or higher
- Reading: Successful completion of reading courses through PSC's RDG 099 or an assessment test placement score of RDG 105
- BIOL 221- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Successful completion of the Certified Nursing Assistant Program (PSC NURS 100) or any other Illinois Department of Public Health CNA course and current status on the Illinois CNA registry