How to Register
Registration is open to all without requirement of admission or previous academic work. For full course descriptions and listings of non-credit classes visit Class Descriptions. Each course title links to current schedule information (PDF files) including starting dates, times, location, and cost. Please note that the number of meeting times is not always consecutive weeks. This is dependent on school holidays and special events designated by the host location. New courses are scheduled throughout the semester. Call (708) 709-3750 for more information.
You can now search and register for non-credit courses through WebAdvisor! Click the Continuing Education link on the main WebAdvisor page to search for courses according to keyword, topic, location, and other criteria. (You can also leave all fields blank to see the full list of available non-credit courses.)
Registering for Courses:
There are multiple ways to register for non-credit courses; however, fees must be paid at the time of registration regardless of registration method.
- Register online through WebAdvisor by following the Instant Enrollment instructions (PDF).
- If you have a WebAdvisor username and password, please log in before registering.
- If you are a new student, you will need to fill out the Personal Identification screen to create an account. Your username and password will be e-mailed to you upon registration.
- Register in person at the Registration Office on the Main Campus or to the Matteson Area Center on weekdays. (Please note that only credit and debit card payments are accepted at the Matteson Area Center).
- Register by phone by calling (708) 709-7701. Please have your credit or debit card information ready.
- Register by mail by first printing and completing the registration form. Send payment with completed registration form to Prairie State College, Office of Admissions, 202 South Halsted Street, Chicago Heights, IL 60411. Checks should be made payable to Prairie State College. Driver's license number and phone number must be included on check.
If you have questions or are having trouble navigating through the process, please call (708) 709-3750 for assistance.
Fees must be paid in full at the time of registration. No refund will be issued unless requested 48 business hours before the first class meeting. If you register for a non-credit class but are unable to attend, you must come to the Matteson Area Center to complete a drop form.
Refunds are issued by check every Friday, after the end of the refund period. No refunds will be paid in cash. If requested, credit card payments may be refunded as a credit to the card. The card must be presented to the cashier at the time of your request.
Prairie State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, gender, disability, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors in educational programs, activities or employment practices. The College is prohibited by law from discriminating in such a manner. Inquiries may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer, Prairie State College.
In compliance with Illinois Public Act 86-1363, the Board of Trustees supports a Waste Reduction Program for Prairie State College, which shall include source reduction, recycling and the purchasing of products with a recycled content. Faculty, staff, and students of the College shall be expected to comply with this program.