Truck Driver Training Program
Prairie State College's Truck Driver Training Program teaches students the skills to become safe, professional truck drivers, enabling them to secure employment in an entry-level position in the trucking industry. Graduates of the program should expect to go to work immediately.
The PSC Truck Driving Training Program Offers Options
Depending on your time frame and your budget, PSC offers options in Truck Driver Training.
Additional courses are now available to increase the expertise of those pursuing careers in the trucking industry.
CDL Truck Driver Training Course
The program combines classroom presentation and hands-on learning that leads to an Illinois Class A commercial driver's license necessary for the over the road and trucking industry.
Classes run year round. Three course options available:
- 4 weeks
- Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- 10 weeks
- Saturday–Sunday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Evening (offered in summer semester only)
- 8 weeks
- Monday–Friday, 5:30–9:30 p.m.
CDL Endorsements Course - Hazardous Materials (Hazmat), Doubles/Triples and Tankers
This 36-hour course provides an overview of safety relating to transporting hazardous materials along with safe driving techniques when driving with more than one trailer. Students must already have their CDL licenses, or currently enrolled in the CDL Training program, in order to participate in this course.
CDL Truck Driver Training with Endorsements Program
This 196- hour program is designed to provide the highest quality training in the shortest time possible. Students are introduced to the operating rules and regulations that govern trucking operations along with Hazardous Materials (Hazmat), Doubles/Triples and Tanker endorsement requirements.
- Overview of safety relating to hazardous materials
- Safe driving techniques with more than one trailer
- Coupling and uncoupling procedures
- Operation of safe operation of tank vehicles
- Preparation for the State of Illinois CDL (Class A), Hazardous Materials (Hazmat), Doubles/Triples and Tankers tests.
A CDL along with these endorsements provides students a broader range of opportunities within the truck driving industry.