Program Entry Requirements
The Truck Driver Training Program is a 160-hour training program.
Individuals must be able to read, write, and converse in English, be at least 21 years old, and possess a valid driver's license. Prospective students must also meet Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) physical requirements, and be able to pass a pre-enrollment drug test.
The following may disqualify individuals:
- Driving record inconsistent with industry standards for entry-level driving positions.
- Any alcohol-related violations on motor vehicle record in the past three years.
- Recent felony convictions or criminal background.
- History of drug or alcohol abuse.
- History of mental disorder.
- Permanent disability or physical limitations.
It is recommended that individuals obtain a copy of their Motor Vehicle Report from the Secretary of State's Office (Driver's License Bureau) prior to starting the program.