Vice President of Service: TBA
Phi Theta Kappa members are well rounded individuals. Along with having high scholarly expectations, they also expect more from themselves as compassionate members of the greater community. Service is a huge part of Phi Theta Kappa, and is reflected in the type of activities we do. The Vice President of Service oversees all these initiatives. According to the PTK Bylaws:
Section 3. President of Service: oversees all service activities.
The duties of the President of Service are as follows:
- Establish a comprehensive program for the International Service Topic with a minimum of one event per month.
- Make sure events are advertised within the chapter, college and/or community as appropriate to each event.
- Maintain accurate list of service events, including date, description, names of persons involved and other pertinent information.
- Take pictures of all events and label them.
- Establish any necessary committees.
- Be available for yearbook participation.
- Write monthly updates for the newsletter by the 15th of each month.
- Write Service Hallmark essay and chronological list at least one and a half months prior to international deadline. Then collect all additional material. (recommendation letters, newspaper articles, etc.) two weeks prior to international deadline.
- Preside over meetings when Presidents of Leadership and Scholarship are absent.
- Vote only in case of a tie.
- Maintain close contact with the other presidents regarding committee activities.
- Maintain close contact with faculty advisor(s).
- Maintain a copy of the "chapter monthly update form” (along with advisor) to keep abreast of five star status and report the current status at each executive meeting.
- Be accessible to membership during designated weekly office hours in the Student Leadership Center for at least one hour a week.
- Represent the organization at all times (especially significant are PHI THETA KAPPA Regional and International conventions).
- Assist in planning and participating at induction ceremonies.
Nu Sigma Phone: 709-3762
To Contact the Nu Sigma Chapter Vice President of Service Email: