Advising and Counseling
Whether you’re a new or current student, the Counseling and Academic Advising Center is the one stop shop to plan your educational future.
Services provided. . .
Students planning to attend Prairie State College are eligible to utilize all counseling and advising services. The staff is available to assist you in deciding which program fits your needs and answering your questions about PSC.
Whether you want to spend the first two years at PSC and transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue a bachelor’s degree, or you want to enroll in one of our career programs and gain training for immediate employment, our advisors are here to assist you.
Licensed professional counselors are available to listen to your personal concerns and to provide confidential assistance for resolving your personal problems.
Our advisors and counselors are all trained to help students choose the proper classes for future transfer towards a bachelor's degree. Be sure to also take advantage of the many transfer oriented resources we provide, including college fairs, workshops, campus visits by four year universities, and our resource library.
Counseling and Academic Advising Center - (708) 709-3506
- Felix Simpkins, Dean, Student Development and Campus Life
- Shannon Word, Counselor, Personal Counseling Services
- Laraine Hudson, Administrative Assistant
- William Berkley, Coordinator, Male Success Initiative (MSI)/Enrollment Advisor
- Debra Foster, Counseling and Academic Advising Center Assistant
- Sarah Hein, LPC, Associate Professor, Counselor/Transfer Program
- Loretta Kucharczyk, Ph.D., Director of First Year Experience
- Tanya Norfleet, Coordinator, Student Career Development Center
- Goli Rahmani, High School Recruiter/Enrollment Advisor/International Student Advisor
- Beth Wyack, Enrollment Advisor/High School Recruiter