PSC offers a supportive environment for veterans. Whether you are a new student, returning student, or deployed on active duty, we can assist you and eligible dependents as you begin or continue your education.
Financial Aid Benefits
- Veterans benefits checklist (PDF)
- Complete and return the appropriate application to the Financial Aid Office.
- Attach a copy of your DD-214 to the application.
- Register and pay for your classes. The VA will reimburse you based on your eligibility. Chapter 33 veterans can submit their letter of eligibility to the Financial Aid Office in lieu of a payment.
- Provide the Financial Aid Office with a completed Intake Form each semester.
- Request for Change of Program or Place of Training 22-1995
- Dependents' Request for Change of Program or Place of Training 22-5495
- Admissions Office: Transcript Evaluation Form
- Illinois Veterans Grant
- Illinois National Guard Grant
- Illinois MIA/POW Scholarship
- Montgomery GI bill Educational Benefits
- Federal Vocational Educational Benefits for Disabled Veterans
- Federal Education Benefits for Dependents of Veterans
Assistance to Spouses and Dependants of Veterans
Veterans Services provides education and training opportunities to eligible spouses and dependents of veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition, or who died while on active duty or as a result of a service related condition.
- Illinois MIA/POW Scholarship (Veteran must have entered service from Illinois and returned to Illinois after being discharged)
- Federal Education Benefits for Dependents of Veterans (Chapter 35)
PSC extends in-district tuition rates to all veterans in appreciation of your service to this country. Eligibility: The in-district rate is extended to all veterans from any branch of the United States Armed Forces including National Guard and Reserves who are pursuing a certificate or degree program at PSC. Proof of service is required at time of application. Please submit a copy of your Member-4 and a copy of your DD-214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) to the Student Veterans Center Coordinator for consideration.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Served at least one year active duty in the armed forces
- Discharge rating of "honorable," "under honorable conditions," "general" or "service-connected medical."
- Entered service from Illinois and returned to Illinois after being discharged. (IVG, ING, MIA only)
Veterans may still be available for state assistance even if their Montgomery G.I. Bill has expired. Veterans who wish to enroll should contact the Veterans Services before registering so that applications for veterans' benefits can be processed in a timely manner. Records of military service, other college academic transcripts, service schools attended, and GED® scores, if pertinent, should be submitted so they may be evaluated. Call (708) 709-3567 or visit the Veterans Center, room 1240, for information on veterans services.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- American Council on Education
- TAOnline.com (Careers for Transitioning Military)
- U.S. Army (Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcripts System)
- Air University
- Student Veterans of America
- Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript
- Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (Vet Center)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- The American Legion
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Military OneSource
- PSC Student Veteran Club