News and Events
Respect the vest!
It is against the law to harass a service dog.
- First Offense: Class A Misdemeanor
- Second Offense: Class 4 Felony
When service dogs are working they wear vests. This means it is not a pet.
Don't touch, talk, feed, or whistle or otherwise distract the dog while she is wearing her vest or harness.
- Don't treat the dog as a pet.
- Don't speak to the dog.
- Don't tease or abuse the dog.
- Don't touch the dog.
Service dogs are used for all sorts of reasons. Remember, if they have a vest – don't pet.
Annual and Past Events
- Veterans Day Celebration
- Veterans Services Fair
- Veterans Stole Ceremony - In recognition of PSC's graduating veterans.
- Prairie State College Starts Chapter of SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society
- Prairie State College to Receive Grant from Wounded Warrior Project™
- About Wounded Warrior Project™: Visit woundedwarriorproject.org.
- Women's Social Service Forum and Career Fair
- From Boots to Books: Helping Our Veterans Make the Transition to College
- VA Launches Personalized Health Benefits Handbook
- Veterans and Beneficiaries Receive 2012 Cost of Living Adjustment
- Townhall Meetings for Veterans
- VA Providing Credit Monitoring to Misidentified Veterans
- Chicagoland Regional College Program (CRCP)
- Military Appreciation Day