Application for the Prairie State College Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program consists of the regular PSC Student Application, a $10 application fee, a completed "Nursing Program Intent Form", your high school transcripts, any college transcripts and the placement test administered through the College's Counseling & Academic Advising Center.
Within 30 days of the receipt of the PSC Application, Nursing Program Intent Form, Assessment Scores and transcripts, a preliminary appraisal form will be mailed to each applicant indicating the completed prerequisite on file, to date, in the Admissions Office.
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements by February 1 in order to be considered for Fall semester program admission.
All program applicants are required to to take the College's placement test. If the results of this examination indicate a need for developmental courses, these must be completed with "C" grades prior to February 1.
All academic transcripts must be submitted to PSC by February 1.
- English: Successful completion of ENG 099 or an assessment test placement score of ENG 101 or higher
- Mathematics: Successful completion of PSC's MATH 090 or any assessment test placement score of MATH 095 or higher
- Reading: Successful completion of reading courses through PSC's RDG 099 or an assessment test placement score of RDG 105
- BIOL 221- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Successful completion of the Certified Nursing Assistant Program (PSC NURS 100) or any other Illinois Department of Public Health CNA course and current status on the Illinois CNA registry
Upon completion of the Prairie State College Nursing Program, students are granted the Associate in Applied Science in Nursing degree. This credential allows one to apply to take the NCLEX-RN licensure examination to become a registered professional nurse.
|Registered Nursing Program - 6 semisters-in district||Nursing Credits||Non-Nursing Credits||Cost||Lab Fee||Health Course Fee||Total Tuition|
|Summer Semester (First Year)|
|English 101 - Composition I||3||$522||$522|
|Biology 221- A&P||4||$696||$17||$713|
|Fall Semester (First Year)|
|Bio 222 - A&P||4||$696||$17||$713|
|Spring Semester (First Year)|
|Psych 102 - Human Growth & Development||3||$522||$522|
|Fall Semester (Second Year)|
|Bio 211 - Microbiology||4||$695||$17||$713|
|Spring Semester (Second Year)|
|Nursing Courses Total||$10,380|
- Book Estimate is $250 per 3 hourss of course = 21 x 250 - $5,250
- Registration fee per semester $10, therefore 6 semesters = $60
- Criminal Background check = $15
- Fingerpringing end of program = $53
- Stethoscope = $30
- Watch with second hand = $10
- Bandage scissors = $8
- Uniform = $80
- Graduation Pin (optional) = $30
- NCLEX-RN registration fee = $200
- Plus: Physical Exam, Drug Screen, Immunizations