The Communication program at Prairie State College focuses on helping students improve their oral communication skills. Students need to develop good oral communication skills in order to achieve success in their personal and professional lives.
In Illinois, an oral communication course is a general education requirement for all colleges and universities that are a part of the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI—see itransfer.org). At PSC this course is COMM 101 (Principles of Communication).
Other communication courses include the following:
- COMM 102, Persuasion (3 credit hours)
- COMM 103, Group Discussion (3)
- COMM 108, Interpersonal Communication (3)
We also offer some Mass Communication courses for those interested in broadcasting or media studies:
- COMM 105: Introduction to Broadcasting
- COMM 111: Introduction to Mass Communication