We want international students to have a successful academic and personal experience while attending PSC. Prior to enrolling at PSC, international students must have successfully completed the equivalent of 12 years of schooling, including primary and secondary levels.
You must comply with the following requirements:
- Educational Records. You must present official records of all schoolwork completed or attempted. All records must list the subjects taken, grades earned, or examination results in each subject, you must also supply all certificates and diplomas. If these are in a language other than English, they must be accompanied by an official English translation. The credentials must be certified by an official of the school issuing the documents or by a United States consulate official. Uncertified copies are not acceptable.
- English Proficiency. Proficiency in English at a college level is demonstrated by a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 61 (internet-based). Or IELTS (English Language Test) score of 6.5. TOEFL or IELTS scores are valie for 2 years. The TOEFL may be waived if the national language of your home country is English. You can contact PSC's International Student Advisor for more information on English proficiency at (708) 709-3641. Contact the nearest American Consulate in your home country for dates when TOEFL will be administered. On arrival at PSC you must complete an English and reading assessment.
- Financial Resources. To be considered for admission, you must furnish evidence that adequate provision has been made for all your financial needs while studying in the United States.
- Local Sponsor. If you have a local sponsor, you must indicate who it is. The local sponsor must be an American citizen or a permanent resident who will be financially responsible for you while you attend PSC.
- Application Deadline. All credentials need to be submitted at least four months prior to the proposed admission date. PSC does not provide housing. You must show that housing arrangements have been made by your local sponsor.
To comply with immigration regulations, you must register for a full-time (at least 12 credit hours) load for each semester while in attendance at PSC. No more than six semesters will be allowed to complete all requirements toward a degree. It may not be possible for international applicants to secure financial aid on the basis of federal and state regulations. If you knowingly defraud the government, you may be subject to legal consequences.
For current tuition rates, consult our current schedule of tuition and fees.
For more information regarding the PSC International Students Program, call Enrollment Advisor, Goli Rahmani at (708) 709-7809 or Landon Dickerson at (708) 709-3641. You may fax our office at (708) 709-3915 or reach the International Studies Office via email at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any International Student who is applying to Prairie State College must submit the following:
- Evidence of Financial Support in English language, official, original bank statement on a bank letterhead and seal. This statement must be a minimum amount of $21,500.00 (or $11,000 if a sponsor will provide free room and board). This document must be completed no earlier than two months prior to applying.
- Proof of English Proficiency through TOEFL (www.toefl.org). Prairie State College requires an official minimum score of 500 on the paper-based, 173 on the computer–based, and 61 on the internet-based TOEFL exam. Prairie State College only accepts the original TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score.
- Official translated Transcripts for all previous schoolwork successfully completed. These translated transcripts may be complete by www.naces.org/members.html.
- A copy of photograph page of passport ( must be valid for at least 6 months)
- Affidavit of Support if it applies. The affidavit of support form is available in the request for I-20 packet as well as www.uscis.org website.
For more information please review the following links:
- New International Student Checklist
- Application for an I-20 Form for Non-U.S. Citizens
- Prairie State College Admissions Application
- Transfer In Authorization Form
- Transfer Out Request Form
- Rights and Responsibilities of an International Student
- Estimated Expenses for International Students
- International Student Fee Payment Form
What If I Never Attend?
Course attendance is important to academic success. You must attend the courses you register for at Prairie State College. If you will be unable to attend any courses in which you enrolled, you must drop them. Refer to the academic calendar and the college refund table for applicable dates. Use the A-Z index where information is arranged alphabetically.