The Prairie State College Cheerleading squad helps bring both energy and excitement to PSC's home games for men's basketball.
PSC Cheerleading Tryouts Are Coming
11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Must have current physical to try out.
Zenia Smith, head coach
General Tryout Information:
- You MUST have a current physical in order to tryout. Please bring a copy of your physical to tryouts on 9/19. If you need assistance locating where to get a physical, please call Darcelle at (708) 709-7988.
- You must attend the entire tryout in order to be considered for the team.
- You do not need to prepare your own routine. The cheer and dance that you will be judged on will be taught to you at tryouts.
- Tumbling is not mandatory for the PSC Cheerleading team, but willingness to learn is expected.
- Proper attire for tryouts for both men and women are tennis shoes, shorts, and t-shirts.
- Those selected for the squad will be notified on the day of tryouts.
- Practices are tentatively scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday evenings (times TBD).
- Practice will begin in late September (date TBD).
- All participants’ evaluations are based on how they perform and individual skill,
but they are also evaluated on how much
potential they have to become a cheerleader and to contribute to the squad.