TRiO Upward Bound
What is TRIO Upward Bound?
The Prairie State College TRIO Upward Bound Program is a year-round support program for high school students who have the desire, motivation and potential to complete school and go on to pursue a college degree. The primary objective of the TRIO Upward Bound program is to ensure student readiness for post-secondary education.
What is the cost?
The TRIO Upward Bound is free to all participants.
Who is eligible?
- High School students
- Students who come from a family meeting the federal income guidelines
- Students who are potentially first-generation (neither parent holds a bachelor’s degree)
- Students who are U.S. citizens, permanent residents or can provide evidence of intent
to become a permanent resident.
|Jermaine Morales||Director||(708) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael Chism||Coordinator||(708) email@example.com|
|Tabitha Drake||Administrative Assistant||(708) firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Academic tutoring & Advisement
- Enrichment Activities & Programs
- Study and test-taking skills
- Mentoring & Counseling
- College Visits & Career exploration
- Access to technology & the Community
- Cultural & social Field trips & events
- Service learning Projects & events
- Test Prep Workshops (SAT/ACT)
- College Advisement & Application Workshops
- Financial Aid Workshops & Advisement
- Team building & Experiential Learning
- Leadership & Character Development
- Exciting six-week summer program
Prairie State College views support services as a potentially powerful force in ensuring at-risk students access and success in post-secondary education. Prairie State College has a strong commitment to “educating students for life.” The vision of the Prairie State College TRIO Upward Bound Program is to support and prepare Rich East High School students to successfully complete high school and obtain a post-secondary education at the institution of their choice.