Flag Retirement Ceremony
Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 1 - 1:30 p.m.
Northeast end of Parking Lot C (at Prairie State College)
The U.S. flag code states that, “the flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.” Join us as we respectfully retire worn United States Flags over an open fire.
Questions, please contact Georges Sanon at email@example.com or (708) 709-3567
Annual and Past Events
- Veterans Day Celebration
- Veterans Services Fair
- Veterans Stole Ceremony - In recognition of PSC's graduating veterans.
- Women's Social Service Forum and Career Fair
- Make the Transition to College
- Military Appreciation Day
- From Boots to Books: Helping Our Veterans
- Prairie State College Starts Chapter of SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society
- Prairie State College to Receive Grant from Wounded Warrior Project™
- About Wounded Warrior Project™: Visit woundedwarriorproject.org.
- VA Launches Personalized Health Benefits Handbook
- VA Providing Credit Monitoring to Misidentified Veterans
- Chicagoland Regional College Program (CRCP)
Podcasts of Past Events
Movie Discussion Forum moderated by Chicago Heights Veterans Center Psychologist Dr. Richard Doss
October 27, 2017 | 6 p.m.
War of Conscience
A panel discussion about the challenges and critical issues facing many returning U.S. military service members and veterans.
February 21, 2018 | 12 p.m.
Woment Veterans Leadership Summit
Join us for a Women in Leadership workshop hosted by Dale Carnegie Training that includes a panel discussion with successful women leaders and veterans as well as practical tips and tools for uncovering our own pathway to success as women in leadership.
Director, Illinois Department of Veterans' Affairs
U.S. Army Veteran
Owner, College Nannes, Sitters + Tutors
U.S. Army Reserves
Commander Zeita Merchant
USCG Marine Safety Unit Chicago
- Work with Dale Carnegie trainers to define success, create a personal vision and commit to action.
- Hear real-world insights from other veteran women business owners and leaders.
- Learn key behaviors that are common among effective leaders.
- Engage with other women veteran leaders.