G-1: Employee Health Insurance Benefits
Adoption Date: 09/17/90 | Revision Date:12/16/02 | Revision Date: 08/26/08 | Revision Date: 02/22/11 | Revision Date: 02/28/12
Prairie State College shall provide health insurance benefits to eligible benefitted employees of the College subject to terms and conditions of the insurance carrier(s) and negotiated agreements with various classifications of employees and/or approval of the Board of Trustees. Excluded employees include adjunct faculty and part-time contractual and hourly (19 hours or less) employees.
The College reserves the right to change insurance carriers as long as benefits remain substantially the same.
Health Insurance Benefits Specific to Employee Classifications
- Faculty: Refer to the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Contractual Support Staff: Refer to the collective bargaining agreement.
- Confidential Support Staff: Same as provided in the support staff collective bargaining agreement.
- Campus & Public Safety Officers: Refer to the collective bargaining agreement.
- Grant Funded Employees: Same as provided for the employees in the same employee group, subject to limitations of the applicable grant.
- Manager/Professional Employees: As approved by the Board of Trustees and as provided in the manager/professional employee contracts.
- Administrative Employees: As approved by the Board of Trustees and as provided in the administrative employee contracts.
Vision Care Benefits
The College shall offer vision care benefits to eligible employees subject to terms and conditions of the insurance carrier(s) and as approved by the Board of Trustees.
Dental Insurance Benefits
The College shall offer dental insurance benefits to eligible employees subject to terms and conditions of the insurance carriers(s) and as approved by the Board of Trustees. The cost will be the responsibility of the employee.
The College may offer to eligible employees additional employee-paid insurance programs.
Health and Wellness Program
The College may establish a health and wellness program and/or benefit to eligible employees.
Flexible Spending Account
The College may offer enrollment in a flexible spending account to eligible employees.