Financial Aid Credit Balance Refund
Refunds that are issued due to excess Financial Aid will be issued to the student BankMobile. For more information about BankMobile, visit https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/.
Students who are sponsored by a third party for whom PSC is billing the sponsoring organization, any refund may be sent to the sponsoring organization, depending upon the conditions of the sponsorship.
Credit Course Refunds
Refunds for credit classes are administered through PSC’s partnership with BankMobile. For more information about BankMobile, visit https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/.
You will receive a 100% refund if the course is dropped within 24 hours of the start of the class, excluding weekends and holidays. For example, if a class starts on Saturday, the refund table starts the following Monday. Please see the refund table for the specific dates for a specific term.
If you withdraw from a credit class or classes, you may be eligible for a refund of your tuition and student fees. Registration fees and some lab fees are non-refundable. Refund eligibility is based on your withdrawal date. Visit prairiestate.edu/tuition-refunds for the current refund table.
Consult the Refund Table for Credit Courses in each semester's course schedule. (Please note that you must withdraw from non-credit courses 48 business hours before the start date to receive a refund.) The college issues refunds once a week beginning with the third week of the term. If you would like a refund made to your credit card, please contact the Business Office. No refunds will be made in cash. Refunds are made directly to the student, even if the payment was made by a third party. All credit seeking students must select their refund preference through BankMobile. For more information about BankMobile, visit https//bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/.
- All students are assessed a $10 nonrefundable registration fee per semester.
- No refunds will be paid in cash. If requested, credit card payments may be refunded as a credit to the card used for payment when the classes are dropped. The card must be presented to the cashier at the time of the request and a refund can be immediately processed, provided there is a credit balance. Scholarship or financial aid refunds are paid to students through BankMobile. Students must select their refund preference through their RefundSelection.com profile.
- It is the student’s responsibility to drop a course by published deadlines.
- Courses dropped within the refund period will not appear on your record.
- PLEASE REFER TO THE REFUND TABLE FOR THE SPECIFIC REFUND DEADLINES FOR A SPECIFIC TERM.
- Refunds for classes less than eight weeks in length will be granted at 100% up to 24 hours after the course begins. After that time, no refunds will be issued. Please call 708-709-3516 for more information.
Tuition Appeal Form
If you wish to appeal a balance owed due to medical reasons, family illness, etc., you can pay a $15 fee for the tuition appeal forms in the Business Office and bring the receipt to the Counseling Center to obtain the forms to complete. Return the relevant documentation with the form to the Counseling Center.
Noncredit Course Refunds
If you register for a non-credit class, but are unable to attend, you are required to fill out an Add/Drop form to officially withdraw from the course. This can be accomplished by visiting the Enrollment Services Office at our main campus or the Matteson Area Center during business hours. Dependent on the course, students can also withdraw from courses via WebAdvisor 48 hours prior to the start date of the course. No refunds will be issued unless requested 48 hours before the first class meeting (excluding weekends and holidays). Refunds are issued by check every Friday, after the end of the refund period. No refunds will be paid in cash. If requested, credit card payments may be refunded as a credit to the card used for payment. The card must be presented to the cashier at the time of your request.
What if I Never Attend the Class?
Course attendance is important to academic success. You must attend the courses you register for at Prairie State College. If you register for a course and never attend, you run the risk of being dropped. Financial Aid does NOT cover classes you do not attend. If you will be unable to attend classes in which you have enrolled, you MUST drop them or you WILL be responsible for the full balance. Please refer to the academic calendar and the college refund table for the applicable dates. Use the A-Z Index where the information is arranged alphabetically.
|16-week and first 8-week session classes begin||Class StartDate||Last Day for 100 % Refund|
|14-week classes begin||Class StartDate||Last Day for 100 % Refund|
|12-week classes begin||Class StartDate||Last Day for 100 % Refund|
|Second 8-week session classes begin||Class StartDate||Last Day for 100 % Refund|
- Full (100% ) Refunds for those who withdraw by midnight of the last day for 100% refund.
- Classes dropped after the last day for the 100% refund will be fully charged to the student.
- Refunds are based on amount paid, not the cost of the class. No Refunds after these dates.
- Spring refund table excludes Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays