Working in conjunction with the Office of the President of the Cook County Board of Commissioners , the Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership developed and launched Opportunity Works, an initiative that introduces unemployed young adults from suburban Cook County between the ages of 16 - 24 to careers in Manufacturing, Information Technology, Transportation, Distribution and Logistics, and other high-growth, high-demand sectors.
Three-Step Application / Eligibility Process
Benefits of being enrolled in the program:
- Transportation assistance
- Stipends for attending scheduled career courses
- Paid internship opportunities
- Receive work attire at no cost
- Subsidized internships
- Career exploration
- Foundation skills training
- Job placement and retention support
- Wraparound services
How do I know if I'm eligible?
- Are you currently out of school?
- Are you 16 - 24 years old?
- Do you live in suburban Cook County?
- Are you currently unemployed?
- If you answered yes, then you may be eligible to apply!