The Prairie State College Fitness Center, located in the Tech Wing on the west side of the Main Building, is open to students, staff, and the community. For just a fraction of the price of many other health clubs, PSC’s fitness center offers free weights, treadmills, elliptical trainers, standing weight machines, stair climbers, stationary bikes, and more! Individual fitness levels are assessed by our well trained, friendly staff, and a personalized program is designed to help you achieve fitness-related goals.
All who wish to join the Fitness Center must enroll in PE 101, 102, 103, or 104. See tuition and fees for current costs there is also a $20 lab fee. A basic fitness evaluation also must be completed.
- Seniors, 65 and older, pay only a $20 lab fee per semester. A basic fitness evaluation must be completed.
- Faculty, staff, and administrators can join the Fitness Center for free, but must complete a basic fitness evaluation.
- Testing sessions will last one hour. Schedule individual appointments by calling the Fitness Center at (708) 709-3779.
- Personal trainers are available for an additional fee.
The Fitness Center is only available for students currently enrolled in Prairie State College physical education courses. Students must present their student ID to use the Fitness Center. PSC faculty, staff, and administrators can also use the Fitness Center and must also present a current ID.
- Workout attire is required to use the Fitness Center such as shorts, sweatpants, short or long-sleeved shirts, and supportive athletic shoes with socks.
- Hosiery or tights are not acceptable for women during fitness testing.
- Unacceptable attire includes jeans, jean shorts, sandals, and boots.
- If you are unfamiliar with the use of any weights and/or weight machines, please consult staff or instruction.
- Use the appropriate amount of weights so that you do not jerk, bounce, slam, or drop weights.
- Doctor’s consent is required for blood pressure above 150/100 or when answering yes to any questions on the Par-Q.
- Weight belts are not permitted during workouts unless medically necessary.
- Children are not allowed in the workout area due to safety precautions.
- Profanity and illegal drugs are prohibited.
- Food, candy, drinks, smoking, or chewing tobacco also are prohibited.
Monday -Thursday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
Monday -Thursday: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Closed (5/27, 5/30, 7/4)
Holiday hours will be limited and posted in the fitness center.