Military Student Affairs Center
We invite you to come in and visit the Military Student Affairs (MSA) Center. Prairie State College (PSC) wants to provide a welcoming place for the brave men and women who have served our nation in war and in peace. We stand ready to help you transition back to civilian life.
At PSC, we understand the unique challenges a veteran face when rejoining civilian life and starting college after several, and sometimes many years, outside of the classroom. To help make that transition easier, we opened the MSA Center. The MSA Center is the central hub for our veterans’ program. It is a dedicated area designated for veterans, located just off the atrium in room 1240. The MSA Center offers a mini-USO feel. It is a one-stop shop for veterans to connect and network with one another.
PSC offers a supportive environment for veterans. We want to ease the transition from boots to books and help veterans adjust to college life.
- Networking opportunities with other veterans
- Information on veteran community resources including healthcare referrals, housing, and other veteran benefits
- Workshops on topics of interest to veterans
- Relaxing, quiet place to study and transition from boots to books
- Free printing
- Computer access with CAC reader
- Veteran tutoring services
- Veteran to veteran mentoring services
- Assistance obtaining military transcripts
- Town hall meetings and veteran specific orientations
- Information on how to access financial aid opportunities at PSC
Prairie State College MSA Center Video
Services extend to all military service members of all branches, whether active, inactive, drilling, or retired, as well as dependents and spouses.
For more information