Instructor Webinars and Resources
Up-Coming Regional Conferences
SMHEC Faculty Development Webinar
"Designing Hybrid Courses" - June 23 at 9:00 (free)
Click here to register
SMHEC Faculty Development Online Conference
"Collaborating for Student Success" - Oct. 8 at 8:45-2:00 (free)
Click here to register
Click here to submit a proposal - Due June 7
SMHEC Journal: Collaborating for Student Success in Higher Ed
Call for Papers (ongoing submission)
College Changes Everything Conference
"Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging for the Success of All Learners"
July 12-16: Free, Online - Register Here - Session Descriptions
Illinois Council of Community College Administrators
2021 Conference in Champaign, IL (Nov. 11-12) - Registration link coming soon
Submit a Conference Proposal - Due June 23
D2L BrightSpace Webinars and Online Tutorials
All D2L Video Tutorials for Instructors (on YouTube)
D2L Fusion 2020: Fusion 2020 was a six-month series of webinars that focused on D2L tools, instructional design, accessibility, online instruction, and many other topics.
- Register for the recorded Fusion 2020 here. After registering, you'll receive an email to setup your password.
- Then, login here to watch the recorded sessions.
- Here is a list of all the sessions from Fusion 2020.
D2L Fusion 2021
- July 13-15 and July 20-22, online and free.
- Click here for information.
- Click here to register.
- D2L Community Webinars: On-Demand Recordings (available on YouTube) about online instruction and using D2L tools.
- D2L Website Webinars: D2L tools and case studies (some videos may be sales-focused).
D2L Learning Center - offers free and paid training courses hosted on the D2L BrightSpace platform. Some courses offer certificates.
- Information about the D2L Learning Center
- Create an account with D2L's BrightSpace Community here.
- Then sign in to the Learning Center (by clicking on the yellow schoolbus) here.
- D2L Guided Training for Instructors in the Learning Center
- D2L Guided Training Webinars - recorded videos about Learning Center content.
- General D2L Blog: Includes the categories of Teaching & Training, Technology, Trends in Learning, and Inspiring Stories.
- John Baker's D2L Blog: John Baker is founder and CEO of D2L.
Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor
- Respondus Webinars for Instructors.
- Respondus LockDown Browser Instructor Resources.
- Respondus Monitor Instructor Resources.
Turn It In
- Turn It In Blog
- Instructor Tutorials for Turnitin with D2L
- Instructor Resources and Webinars
- Advanced Resources, Course Packs, and Webinars
- Course Pack on Source Credibility
- Course Pack on Academic Honesty
- Video Tutorials for Instructors on Providing Feedback with Turnitin
For more information and resources, contact Online Learning.