Business Office Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I cash a Prairie State College issued check?
- In addition to your bank, you can cash a Prairie State College issued check for a small fee at the issuing bank, Old Second Bank, at the intersection of Joe Orr Road and Chicago Road in Chicago Heights. Their phone number is
- (708) 755-7400. The Business Office will not verify checks over the phone for other
check cashing operations.
- What do I need to pick up a check?
- You will need a validated school ID and your state ID or Driver’s License
- Why can't I access my account on Web Advisor?
- If you have a past due balance with the College, you cannot access Web Advisor or
obtain transcripts. For more information, please call the Business Office at (708)
- Why can't I register?
- If you have a past due balance with the College, you cannot register for another term
or obtain transcripts. For more information, please call the Business Office at (708)
- The Business Office can accept my tuition payment in full, but why do I have to set up a payment plan online?
- All installment payment plans must be set up online at e-Cashier. The college does not have the capability to accept installment plan payments.
- Where do I go to set up a payment plan?
- Go to prairiestate.edu and click on e-Cashier in the lower right corner. The first
time you go to e-Cashier, your login will be your student ID number and your password will be your birthday,
in mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Can I pay for my courses online?
- You can pay online during the open period of e-Cashier. Currently, you can pay your balance in full at e-cashier. If you want to set up a payment plan, you must establish a designated account where payments can be withdrawn from. Find out more.