Illinois Workplace Transparency Act Webinar:
New Employer Obligations and Rights for Employees
Click on the icons below to view more information.
June 30, 2020 8:00 a.m - 11:30 a.m.
|8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||Registration/Check In|
|8:45 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.||Presentation|
|9:50 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.||Workplace Harassment Mandatory Training|
|10:55 a.m. - 11:20 a.m.||Q&A|
|11:20 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.||Workshop Survey|
Join Prairie State College in this informative presentation addressing mandatory employer requirements for sexual harassment prevention training. Discussion will involve an explanation of employee training including employer-implemented sexual harassment training as required by the Illinois Department of Human Rights. This webinar will include discussion on the following areas imposed by the Act:
- Mandatory employer requirements for sexual harassment prevention training. Discussion will involve an explanation of employer training conducted by the Illinois Department of Human Rights and employer-implemented sexual harassment training
- Mandatory employer annual reporting of sexual harassment and discrimination cases to the Illinois Department of Human Rights (effective July 2020)
- Employer penalties imposed for failure to annually report cases of sexual harassment and discrimination to the Illinois Department of Human Rights
- Restrictions of the Illinois Workplace Transparency Act on confidentiality and arbitration provisions on employment agreements
- Expanded leave protection for victims under the Gender Violence Act
- Additional anti-harassment protections under the Act, including employer liability for harassment by independent contractors and third-parties
The Illinois Workplace Transparency Act Webinar focuses on employer obligations and employee rights under this new Act. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions.
Presented in partnership with Favaro & Gorman, LTD., Attorneys at Law
Following Mr. Favaro's presentation, a one-hour sexual harassment training will be offered.
Workshop will be offered via Webinar; log in credentials will be provided following registration.
Prairie State College is an approved provider from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) to offer continuing education units (CEU) programs for the following professions: Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors, Advanced Practical Nurses, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Nursing Home Administrators.
This program is also valid for 2.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Dennis R. Favaro is a principal of Favaro & Gorman, Ltd., an employment law firm. He has a Bachelor's Degree from Illinois Wesleyan University, a Master's Degree from Wheaton College, a Juris Doctor from Valparaiso University School of Law and a Master of Laws from the University of Aberdeen School of Law. Mr. Favaro concentrates his law practice exclusively in employment law and related litigation. He is an adjunct faculty member at William Rainey Harper College, and a visiting adjunct lecturer at Wheaton College where he teaches employment law courses. He is a Fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers and has been recognized as a Leading American Attorney in Employment Law and as a Super Lawyer.