C-15: Chronic Infectious Disease
Adoption Date: 08/17/92 | Revision Date: 05/18/98 | Revision Date: 08/26/08
At the time of reported case(s) of chronic infectious disease, Prairie State College shall minimize the risk of transmission to others or further injury to the individual and to respect individual and institutional rights and obligations.
The College President shall then designate one (1) health official to respond to public inquiry regarding health promotion processes and cases of health risk and to coordinate the College's infectious disease response. This designated health official shall adhere to the following in coordinating the College’s infectious disease response:
- Follow directives of the Illinois Department of Public Health with regard to the reporting of infectious disease;
- Facilitate the provision of health education and health counseling regarding infectious disease;
- Provide information to appropriate offices regarding the maintenance of hygiene procedures;
- Evaluate and monitor reported cases of infectious diseases;
- Serve as the advocate for the infected individual(s) and respect/protect individual rights to privacy and confidentiality;
- Act as the liaison between the College and the infected individual(s):
- Keep abreast of relevant and timely information provided by health and social service agencies, governmental entities, educational institutions/organizations, and legal counsel and recommend modification of the College's policies and procedures regarding infectious diseases as may be necessary;
- Respond to individual situations on a case-by-case basis in the interests of the College and the individuals.