G-2: Employee Life Insurance Benefits
Adoption Date: 09/17/90 | Revision Date: 12/16/02 | Revision Date: 08/26/08 | Revision Date: 02/22/11 | Revision Date: 02/28/12 | Revision Date: 12/04/18
Prairie State College shall provide life insurance benefits to eligible benefitted employees subject to the terms and conditions of the insurance carrier(s) and negotiated agreements with the various classification of employees and/or approval of the Board of Trustees. Excluded employees include adjunct faculty and part-time contractual and hourly (19 hours or less) employees.
Life Insurance Benefits Specific to Employee Classifications
- Faculty: Refer to the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Contractual Support Staff: Refer to the collective bargaining agreement.
- Confidential Support Staff: Same as provided in the support staff collective bargaining agreement.
- Police Officers: Refer to the collective bargaining agreement.
- Grant Funded Employees: Same as provided for the employees in the same employee group, subject to limitations of the applicable grant.
- Manager/Professional Employees: For full-time manager/professional employees, the College will assume the premium cost for a $25,000 term life insurance policy.
- Administrative Employees: For full-time administrative employees, the College will assume the premium cost for term life insurance equal to one times the employee's annual salary rounded to the next highest thousand.
Additional Life Insurance
The College may offer the option of purchasing additional voluntary life insurance for employees and their spouses and dependents.