Information technology plays a critical role in the work of all major industries as well as being a distinct industry on its own. From entry-level technicians to computer scientists to chief information officers, there are limitless career possibilities.
The Prairie State College Information Technology faculty are recognized experts in their field, with advanced teaching credentials and professional experience. They are dedicated instructors who are willing to work individually with students to help them succeed.
Degrees and Certificates
View the curriculum for each program in the current Academic Catalog. You can also access the entire catalog online. An archive of previous catalogs and addenda is also available.
A world of opportunity awaits you in the exciting and rapidly changing field of Information Technology. Prairie State College's IT program prepares students for a professional career in today's world.
IT and computer related jobs are some of fastest growing and well paid positions. For more information, check out the following:
- Meet the IT Professional
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Best Technology Jobs
- Computer Science/Information Technology Resources
- Information Technology in Focus
Prairie State College has an Academic Alliance agreement with Microsoft to offer PSC Information Technology students free Microsoft software. If interested, please email Professor Dennis (firstname.lastname@example.org). The website is: Microsoft Imagine Software . The Microsoft products include Visio, Windows 10, .Net software, Access, etc. Microsoft products NOT included are MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If interested, here is how it works:
- Email Professor Dennis your request for the free Academic Alliance software.
- Professor Dennis emails acknowledgment that your request has been submitted to Microsoft.
- You receive registration instructions from Microsoft via e-mail with your login and password.
- Log into the Microsoft Imagine website and browse through the available Microsoft software.
- Select the software you wish to order.
- Instructions are included for downloading the software.
- When you receive an e-mail from Microsoft with the software product key, be careful not to delete it. This is very important when it comes to installing the software.
- If you lose your username/password, you will need to request this information be resent to you.
Free Microsoft Office 365
Prairie State College is eligible for free Microsoft 365 Online. Microsoft Office 365 is an online version of the traditional installed version of Microsoft Office software; and includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and OneNote for Windows or Macintosh, as well as tablets or phones. This software is can be accessed from almost anywhere with an internet connection because it is not downloaded to your computing device.
Enter your Prairie State College email address.
Click "Sign up".
You will receive an email with instructions to register and log into the Office 365 Online website. See system requirements for Office 365
Need Help with Office 365?
If you run into problems, contact Microsoft for a virtual chat or call 1-800-865-9408. Additional Information for Office 365 for Mobile Devices
Affordable Home PC and Internet Service
Need a home computer? You may qualify for a low cost computer (for $149.99 + tax) and internet service (for $9.95 per month).
Visit Internet Essentials from Comcast to find out how it works.
Professor Jackie Dennis, Computer Information Technology, Coordinator, ITAPP, ITNET, ITPRG, ITWEB
- B.S. Southern Illinois University
- M.A. Roosevelt University
- Executive Information Technology Certificate, Regis University