As you prepare for your online courses, the list of free software below will help you setup your computer to meet the basics needs of your online courses. Your instructors will provide information on any specific software you may need for your courses.
- Microsoft Office 365 - An online version of the traditional installed version of Microsoft Office software.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader - Allows you to view PDF files.
It is a good idea to have more than one browser on your computer. In case you have a problem with one browser, you can always switch to another browser to see if that solves the problem. Make sure to keep your browsers updated to the latest version.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Internet Explorer (Windows 7 or 8) and Microsoft Edge (Windows 10) are installed by Windows.
- Mozilla Firefox - A free Internet browser for Windows or Mac.
- Google Chrome - A free Internet browser for Windows or Mac.
- Opera - A free Internet browser for Windows or Mac.
- Adobe Flash Player - Allows animations to play on websites.
- Adobe Shockwave Player - Allows animations to play on websites.
- Java - Allows interactive programs to run on your computer.