Apply, Register, Pay
How to Enroll
Cooperative Agreement Information

Cooperative Agreement Information

For Residents of Prairie State College, District 515

The college has arranged Cooperative Agreements with neighboring community colleges to provide opportunities for students to enroll in programs not offered at PSC at the in-district tuition rate. Only approved programs are included in the cooperative agreements; individual courses are not eligible.

All cooperative agreement applications must be submitted at least 30 days before the beginning of the semester. No cooperative agreements will be approved retroactively. The in-district rate of tuition shall apply only to coursework for the currently approved program of study between the cooperative colleges.

If your local Illinois community college district does not offer a program that is offered by PSC, you may be eligible to receive assistance from your district's community college. You must obtain a "Cooperative Agreement" form from your local community college. If approved by your local community college, you must present this signed form to PSC at registration, and you will be billed at PSC's in-district rates.

PSC has cooperative agreements with several community college districts that enable PSC district residents to enroll in career programs not currently offered by PSC. For more information, see "Cooperative Programs" in the section Degrees, Certificates, Courses. For more information, call (708) 709-3689.

Residents of Prairie State College District #515 wishing to secure a Cooperative Agreement to attend a program at another college must complete the following steps before the Cooperative Application form will be issued by Prairie State College.

  1. Complete the Prairie State College Admissions Application and submit it to the Enrollment Services Office in Room 1160.
  2. Submit an official copy of high school transcripts (or GED diploma) to the Enrollment Services Office at Prairie State College. If applicable, submit official transcripts from all other colleges or universities attended.
  3. Complete the placement testing process at Prairie State College. Contact the Counseling and Academic Advising Center for information on placement testing or call (708) 709-3506. placement test dates.
  4. If the placement test indicates the need for developmental coursework, the appropriate coursework must be completed at Prairie State College before any cooperative agreement will be issued (courses such as ENG 097 to 099, MATH 080 to 095, and RDG 097 to 098).
  5. Complete all Prerequisite Courses with grades of "C" or better at Prairie State College.
  6. Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 at Prairie State College.

After #1-#6 (listed above) have been satisfactorily completed, a Cooperative Application form will be issued. Complete the form indicating the specific program requested for consideration. Return the form to the Counseling and Academic Advising Center. Two forms of identification will be required as proof of residency. Only students in good academic and financial standing will receive approval. Completed forms will be returned by mail to your home address.

CAREER Cooperative Program

Prairie State College is a partner in CAREER (Comprehensive Agreement Regarding the Expansion of Educational Resources) Cooperative with the community colleges listed below. If PSC does not offer a particular degree or certificate program,residents of PSC District 515 may apply for a Cooperative Agreement. Upon approval, residents can enroll at any of these colleges. If accepted into the desired program they will be charged the in-district tuition rate at these partner colleges.

Applications must be received at PSC 30 days prior to the beginning of the semester at the college the student will be attending. Developmental course work (courses below 100 level) and required prerequisites must be completed at PSC.

A 2.0 grade point average must be maintained at PSC before a cooperative agreement will be approved. Individual courses are not eligible for cooperative agreements nor are programs that are generally considered to be baccalaureate oriented. In addition, repeated courses are not covered under these agreements.

Courses taken which are not part of the approved program will not be honored for the cooperative agreement. That is, the entire out-of-district tuition for such courses must be borne by the student. Students who change to programs of study outside of these existing agreements will be billed at out-of-district tuition for all course work. Community colleges often have comparable programs. Cooperative agreements are granted at the discretion of PSC and will not be granted for comparable programs.

Community Colleges Part of a CAREER Cooperative Program

  • Black Hawk College
  • Carl Sandburg College
  • City Colleges of Chicago
  • College of DuPage
  • Danville Community College
  • Elgin Community College
  • Heartland Community College
  • Highland Community College
  • Illinois Central College
  • llinois Eastern Community College
  • Illinois Valley Community College
  • John A Logan College
  • John Wood Community College
  • Joliet Junior College
  • Kankakee Community College
  • Kaskaskia College
  • Kishwaukee College
  • Lake Land College
  • Lewis and Clark Community College
  • Lincoln Land Community College
  • McHenry County College
  • Moraine Valley Community College
  • Morton College
  • Oakton Community College
  • Parkland College
  • Prairie State College
  • Rend Lake College
  • Richland Community College
  • Rock Valley College
  • Sauk Valley Community College
  • Shawnee Community College
  • South Suburban College
  • Southeastern Illinois College
  • Southwestern Illinois College
  • Spoon River College
  • Triton College
  • Waubonsee Community College
  • William Rainey Harper College

Apply for a Cooperative Agreement

For more information about specific programs, contact the college where the program is offered. To begin the application process for a Cooperative Agreement, please fill out this form completely. It may take up to two weeks to review your eligibility.