Welcome to Career Services!
The Career Services team is here to empower you for career success! Are you looking for a job or internship? Questions about writing your resume or interviewing? Are you an alumni looking for job search tools? We are here to help you!
We encourage you to explore resources on this page and make an appointment to meet with a Career Services team member.
Contact Us at: email@example.com
Fall and Spring Hours:
M - F 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
*appointments highly recommended
M - Th 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The PSC Career Services office recently partnered with Parker Dewey, a third-party company that hosts micro-internships on behalf of organizations. Micro-Internships are professional, paid, short-term assignments that are often completed remotely. These opportunities are an excellent way for you to demonstrate your skills, explore careers, and develop your network as you seek internships and full-time roles. Sign up for a free account today and get started on finding your micro-internship!
FOR STUDENTS AND ALUMNI:
Check out College Career Network (CCN), your one-stop shop for job and internship opportunities and career resources. This is a free service to PSC students and alumni, community members and employers. Make sure to register today so that you don’t miss valuable internship and job opportunities:
Pioneers Get Hired (CCN) Button https://www.collegecentral.com/prairiestate/
- Resume and Cover Letter PDF
- Interview Skills PDF
- Resume Writing Workshop Video
- Resume Writing Workshop PDF
- Answering “Tell me about yourself.”
- Tips on Virtual Interviewing
- Proactive Career Behaviors You Can Take Now
- Creating Your LinkedIn Profile
- The Art of Interviewing
- Delivering & Mastering Your Phone Interview
- Soft Skills: Why they matter
Exploring Careers and Other Helpful Resources:
- Career Coach Discover majors and in-demand careers and education based on your interests!
- org and O*Net - Career Exploration These sites help you explore careers by industry or with key words. They provide salary information and economic outlook for position titles.
- What Can I Do with This Major? These links feature information on a wide variety of occupations, including job descriptions, educational requirements, and employment forecasts for those fields. Some of these links also include skills assessment tools.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Inside Jobs Read through thousands of unique career profiles, including cutting edge jobs, salary ranges, and videos as an inside look into different careers.
- Job Shadow Contains hundreds of video interviews with professionals in a wide variety of careers
- Careeronestop Career exploration, training, and jobs