PSC Student Interview Closet
Employers evaluate professional appearance as well as résumé qualifications in employee hiring decisions. PSC students seeking jobs often lack the professional apparel needed to make a positive impression during an interview. PSC understands these challenges, and initiated a new effort to assist student job seekers.
The PSC Student Interview Closet at PSC was established to help make the task of dressing professionally for an interview more cost effective for students at PSC. PSC employees and generous community members have donated apparel to the PSC Student Interview Closet, which is located in the A.L.L.U.R.E. (Academy for Lifelong Learning Upcycle and Recycle Exchange) store, located at 410 Ashland in Chicago Heights. View Google map.
Working through PSC’s Student Career Development Department, qualified PSC student job seekers may receive a voucher that will permit them to obtain one interview outfit from A.L.L.U.R.E.
To qualify, students must be enrolled at PSC and meet with a member of Student Career Development Services for:
- résumé assistance, critique, and final draft approval;
- a mock interview; and
- interview attire consultation.
Voucher recipient accepts responsibility to:
- select business apparel for their personal use only during employment seeking and work;
- "pay it forward" with two hours of volunteer service to a non-profit she chooses (including school, church or faith community, food pantry, on campus, or at a social service agency);
- when employed, consider donating a household or apparel item to ALLURE to help others, as their circumstances may permit; and
- respect store hours and follow its procedures
For more information on how to qualify for a voucher, contact Terri Eakins, Academic and Career Development Advisor at (708) 709-3922 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
PSC continues to accept donations to the PSC Student Interview Closet.
- Donors are welcome to drop off items (including children’s apparel, and household items) at A.L.L.U.R.E. Donors should check store hours in advance.
- Future drop off dates at the PSC main campus will be announced as they are established.
For more information on how to donate items to the PSC Student Interview Closet, contact Cathy Killian Kloss, director, development and special projects at (708) 709-3944 or email@example.com.