Logging In to ALEKS
The first time you use ALEKS, you will need to follow the steps below to create and pay for your account.
Note: Your first attempt at the placement test is considered a PRACTICE test that can be taken anywhere. When you are ready to take the second attempt you will need to come to the Prairie State College Testing Center. The second and subsequent attempts will count as your placement test
- Go to Pioneer Portal and log in with your PSC account information.
- Click on Students
- Click on the Math Placement Test (ALEKS) link
- A new window will open with the ALEKS welcome screen.
(Select: No, I am new to ALEKS and the click continue.)
- Check the box next to I have read and agree to the terms of the ALEKS User agreement and then click continue.
- On the registration Complete screen, click continue.
- On the Student Registration: Course Access page, you have two options for paying for
- Credit/Debit Card user: Click on purchase access online to continue the process to purchase access.
- Non-Credit/Debit Card user: Contact email@example.com for instructions on paying for and receiving your access code, return to this screen and click on I have non-ecommerce access to ALEKS to continue
- Once you have completed the registration process, follow the on-screen prompts to begin your practice assessment.