Make-up Testing Policies and Procedures
If any policies or procedures are unclear to you, please ask the Director for clarification.
Procedures for Students
- Whether or not you can take a make-up exam is determined by your instructor. The instructor must drop the exam off at the make-up testing room before you can take the exam.
- Email email@example.com to make an appointment.
- Bring a PSC ID or a state-issued photo ID and PSC ID number.
- Arrive with enough time to take exam. (For example, if your instructor writes that you have 2 hours for the exam, but the room closes in an hour from your arrival, you could be told to return at a different time).
- You should not leave the room during testing, so please handle all needs and before you begin your exam.
- Secure all bags and books as directed. Cell phones must be silenced and cannot be at the desk with you. If your cell phone goes off during an exam, you may be asked to leave.
- Only the materials that the instructor designates on the form will be allowed at your desk during your exam.
- The room is monitored and you are being videotaped. If you are caught cheating on an exam, the test will be taken and returned to the instructor. The videotape will be stopped and the videotape will be held for instructor to view. The instructor will determine any actions that will be taken.
- Check-in with the proctor. You will need to know your instructor's last name.
- You will receive a pink receipt when you are done taking your exam. This is proof that you took the exam, so hold on to the receipt until you know your instructor has picked up and graded your exam.
Policy for Instructors
In order for make-up testing to run smoothly and efficiently, the make-up testing room proctors need follow a consistent and constant procedure.
- Instructors should deliver tests to the depository (mail slot) outside of Room 2639. Test forms are available outside of the testing room by the drop box. Please double paper-clip the form across the top of the exam (to keep exam and form together securely when in test box). No student is permitted to bring a test to the Center to complete; only an instructor can deliver a test. If a student needs to finish a test that he/she began in class, the instructor must accompany the student to the Center.
- All students must show a valid PSC ID or state-issued photo ID with and a current student ID number in order to obtain a test. (See Board Policy F-9.) Every test must be assigned to a particular student and have a completed three-part form attached. The top part (white) will be kept by the Center for purposes of record keeping. The middle part (yellow) will be returned to the instructor along with the student's test after it has been taken. The bottom part (pink) will be given to the student when they complete the exam*. Please include a date to return the test if the test is not taken by the student.
- All instructors will need to pick up and sign out make-up exams.
- No students may distribute tests to other PSC students. Tests will be given only during scheduled hours and will be video-monitored. Final exams are not administered, except for special needs students who have been taking their tests in the center all semester or other individuals who have specific permission from the manager of the center.
- Please remember that we only have limited space in the make-up testing room. The room is not big enough to accommodate entire classes.
*NOTE – the forms have a third sheet. This receipt will come in handy when tests get misplaced, which is bound to happen with the volume of tests we deal with on a daily basis. Please be patient with us when this occurs and know that the staff is doing everything possible to locate the missing exam.