Become a Student
Guest Students

Students away at four-year colleges and universities who are home for the summer can register for classes at Prairie State College. We offer many of the same general education course requirements at a fraction of the cost of public (state) and private colleges and universities. Course options include English, speech, biology, chemistry, history, math and much more. Classes are offered days, evenings, and online.

Want to register for classes or change your summer schedule?

Using, your PSC email account, send a registration request to enrollment@prairiestate.edu. Please include the following:

  • Name
  • Student ID Number or Date of Birth
  • Residential Address
  • Phone Number
  • Courses you want to register, add or drop


A member of the office will process your request and send you a confirmation email.

Please review the academic calendar and summer refund table for applicable deadlines.

Please Note: Refunds for dropped courses are subject to the refund table located in the summer schedule.

Visit the PSC Enrollment Services Office before returning to your home college and have a copy of your final transcript from PSC forwarded.

What If I Never Attend?
Course attendance is important to academic success. You must attend the courses you register for at Prairie State College. If you register for a course and never attend, you run the risk of being dropped from the course(s). If you will be unable to attend any courses in which you enrolled, you must drop them. Refer to the academic calendar and the college refund table for applicable dates. Use the A-Z index where information is arranged alphabetically.

Guest Enrollment Process for Credit Courses
Step 1. Apply

Complete a credit admissions application online at prairiestate.edu, or complete an application and bring it to Enrollment Services. Print and complete the Credit Registration Form. If you have questions about the enrollment process, contact Enrollment Services at (708) 709-3516.

Step 2. Select courses
Check with your advisor at your home college to determine whether summer courses taken at PSC will transfer. Only your advisor can guarantee the transfer of credit as it applies to your particular degree/major:

1. Transfer students also can access course articulation tables for Illinois colleges or universities from the iTranfer website at http://itransfer.org
2. Additional course articulation information is available from u.select. Visit itransfer.org/uselect.

Step 3. Register and pay
Complete registration form and enroll in courses. Bring your registration form to Enrollment Services upon completion. Tuition payments and fees are paid in the Business Office.

Step 4. Transcripts to home college
At the completion of course, request an official transcript to be sent to you home college. See page 6 for transcript instructions.

College transcripts, placement testing, or advising signatures are not required for “summer only” students.

Mail, fax (708) 709-3951, or deliver your registration form to the Enrollment Services Office (room 1160):
202 S. Halsted St., Chicago Heights, IL 6041

Please Note: Faxed or mailed registration forms must be accompanied by hard copy admissions applications (first time students only).

Guest Students