Recognized Student Organizations and Clubs (RSOC)
Student organizations represent the interests and concerns of students. They are based and focused on professional and personal development and often provide educational and cultural programming for students and the community.
In order to actively participate in any student organization, the student should be in "good standing", and currently registered for courses at the College. Students who are in "good standing" are defined as those who maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better, who are current in their financial obligations to the College, and who maintain personal and social behavior which is respectful of others and appropriate to the pursuit of higher education, and are enrolled in credited courses at Prairie State College.
All student organizations must become recognized or renew recognition with the Student Government Association each year. Student Government Association recognized clubs and organizations:
Club Meeting Calendar
- All Latin Alliance (ALA)
- Alpha Beta Gamma
- Anime Club
- Ballet Club
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Campus Programming Board (CPB)
- Dental Hygiene (Freshman)
- Dental Hygiene (Senior)
- Etel Billig Theatre Society (Drama Club)
- Nursing Club
- One Voice Gospel Choir
- Pre-Pharmacy//Pre-Medicine Club
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Photo Society
- Pioneer Peer Educators
- Political Science Club
- Producers Gone Viral
- Protégé Club
- PSI Beta Honor Society
- STEM Club
- Student Government Association
- Student Veterans Club
- Sustainability Club
- Video Game Design Club
Clubs and organizations that have been active at PSC in the past are:
- Film Club
- Math Club
- Music Club
All enrolled students are charged a student activities and services fee. Each year funds are distributed according to the Prairie State College Board Policy and the Student Government Association Constitution which includes guidelines pertaining to all approved student organizations.
Student activities and services fees are used to support the following programs and services.
- A variety of clubs of organizations are offered for student involvement including special interest groups as well as the Student Government Association.
- Intramural sports-provide athletic events on campus and open recreation hours for students.
- Student publication-the PSC Student Review, student newspaper is available for free to all students.
- Other publications-health information flyers and pamphlets, college transfer information, and the Student Life Guide are available free to students.
- Special events such as musical, educational and entertainment events are available for free or a nominal fee.
For more information, please contact Helen Manley Coordinator of Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SGA Officers
- SGA Sponsored Events
- SGA Constitution
- Recognized Student Organizations & Clubs (RSOC)
- Advisor Information (116KB PDF)
- RSOC Forms
The Student Government Association (SGA) is a student organization comprised of Prairie Sate College students who represent the student body. Their purpose is to institute programs and services that benefit the student population, in addition to advocating for students to the administrators and Board of Trustees. The SGA also supports student clubs / organizations by providing leadership training funds, promotional services, and various other means of assistance.
Want to join SGA? Come to room 1261 for more information or please contact Helen Manley, Coordinator of Student Life, (708) 709-3910 or email@example.com
Want to join a PSC Club?
All clubs must have advertised general meetings that are open to the entire student body. Club membership may not be granted nor denied on the basis of age, gender or religion.