Sustainability at PSC
Welcome to the Sustainability Center
The students, faculty, staff and administration of Prairie State College are committed to improving and protecting the environment while promoting fiscal and social responsibility. We seek to educate students to understand the pressures facing the local and global environment and to increase their awareness of the importance of the “green economy.” We will also provide the skills and knowledge they will need to address the social and environmental issues that are important to our community and to support public policies that will contribute to an excellent quality of life both now and in the future.
PSC's sustainability center was launched in 2011 and serves as a resource for students, faculty, staff, and community members interested in sustainability, including the emerging green economy, green jobs training, and energy efficiency.
Staff of the sustainability center seek to integrate sustainability into the daily operations of PSC through:
- modified curriculum,
- energy saving initiatives,
- behavior change campaigns
- student engagement, and
- community outreach.
Explore the website to learn more about Sustainability @ PSC.
Going Green Around Campus
- New! Greening Your Curriculum Faculty Development Workshop
- PSCs Community Garden Opening this June
- 2015-16 Annual Sustainability Report Published
- PSCs Butterfly Garden
- PSCs Community Garden
- PSC Sustainability Club
- PSC Signs the Department of Energy's Workplace Charging Challenge Pledge
- Resources for faculty, students, staff and the community.
- Water Stations
- Green Parking
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Automatic Computer Shutdowns